1998 Van Hool T 835
(odometer replaced at 798,698 miles, new odometer shows approx. 40,000 miles)
Capacity: 36 capacity (plus driver and tour director)
Engine: Cummins C8.3 Liter (approximately 320 hp)
Transmission: B300R Allison Automatic, Five Speed Auto with retarder
(rebuild installed at 692,154 miles, transmission has approximately 146,000 miles on it)
Fuel Tank Capacity: 125 gallons (approximate)
My company purchased this coach from U.S. Bank Corp in July of 2003. The first owner, a taxi cab company in Harrisburg, PA had purchased it new and defaulted on the loan. There were 118,000 miles on the coach when we purchased it. The cab company used this coach primarily for casino runs to Atlantic City, along with some charter work. We used this coach for a combination of charter and tour work. It has been to every corner of the U.S. and Canada – including numerous tours to Alaska. It has always been a customer favorite because of the excellent legroom as well as the extensive array of options we have installed on the coach (see the list below.) We are meticulous with our maintenance and cleaning of all of our coaches. We can virtually guarantee that there is not another T 835 Van Hool in the U.S. that is this highly optioned and this clean. We have all the documentation on all repairs since we owned this coach. All maintenance was handled either by our staff (ASE master certified techs), Cummins certified techs or the staff at ABC in Fairbault, Mn. Since we are based in Wisconsin, we have salt on our winter roads. All corrosion issues have been dealt with as they arise. The undercarriage has had the proper attention to deal with any corrosion issues as well as the body. I can assure you that we are a company of integrity. If you are searching for a cheap coach that has been poorly maintained, this is NOT the coach for you.
Exterior Improvements: Following are the improvements completed on the exterior of this coach.
- Alcoa Dura Bright Aluminum rims with Van Hool hub covers and lug nut covers
- Smart Tire system – tire monitoring system that monitors inflation AND temperature
- Headlights upgraded to LED lights
- Rear Light assemblies upgraded to LED fixtures and housed in stainless steel brackets
- Fuel tank caps and filler tube has been upgraded so a large nozzle from a truck stop fuel dispenser will fit in the filler tube but will NOT fall out
- Custom built trailer hitch (very heavy duty!)
Interior Improvements: Following are the improvements completed on the interior of this coach.
- Custom made sleeper berth (no one in the industry goes to greater lengths to build sleeper berths – visit our website for additional details)
- Driver seat replaced with late model Isringhausen seat with three-point belt
- Cruise Control added (this wasn’t available from the factory due to the non-electronic engine)
- Vanner power inverter (has battery charger option on the inverter)
- 110 Volt outlets
- Central Vacuum system
- Wi Fi
- REI headset controllers at every seat (five channel controllers that can source the audio of the DVD, satellite radio, AM-FM radio and two other sources)
- Individual mics for the driver, group leader and tour director
- Monitors upgraded to larger sizes: front monitor is 22” and rear monitors are 15”
- Custom built cabinet (next to restroom) that has a refrigerator and storage area above and below fridge (this cabinet/fridge combo only consumes the space for one seat next to the restroom – the other two seats still remain in the rear of the coach)
- One extra set of seats for passengers (this is so another table can be installed in the rear of the coach on the driver side of the coach)
- Extra card table (there is one already installed in the coach in front of the rest room)
- Auxiliary map light for driver seat (mounted on flexible conduit for adjustment purposes)
- Full interior curtains for passengers (in lieu of window shades)
As you can see by the pictures, the coach has been well maintained. The seat covers have been replaced. Every switch on the dash works correctly – notice the icons are all legible for each switch! Of course there is wear on this coach – that is to be expected with the mileage that it has accumulated. The coach is in service and continues to do charter and tour work.
Reason for Selling:
In July of 2016 we purchased a new Van Hool CX 35 so that this coach would not get pushed so hard every year! The new CX 35 coach has proven to be an excellent coach. We have already purchased another Van Hool to replace this coach.
I ask that you contact me if you are serious. We have far too much time, effort and money invested in all of our coaches to sell them at low-ball discount prices. If you are searching for a real 35 foot coach – not one of the recent “wanna-be’s” that have been dumped on the U.S. market - please contact me and we can talk!