1999 Van Hool T 945
Mileage: 862,000 miles
(odometer replaced at 756,543 miles, new odometer shows approx. 105,000 miles)
Capacity: 57 capacity (plus driver and tour director)
Engine: Cummins M-11
(Cummins rebuild installed on 7/6/15 with 702278 on odometer. Engine now has approximately 159,000 miles on it). 450 Hp
Transmission: B500R Allison Automatic, Five Speed Auto with retarder
(Weller rebuild installed on 6/09/14 at 657,599 miles. Transmission has approximately 204,000 miles on it.)
Fuel Tank Capacity: 257 gallons
My company purchased this coach from U.S. Bank Corp in May of 2004. The first owner defaulted on the loan and thus the coach was repossessed. There were 208,183 miles on the coach when we purchased it. We used this coach for a combination of charter and tour work. This coach has been a great vehicle for our company. It is extremely reliable. While the electronics on this coach (engine and transmission) are early versions in comparison to the extensive electronics of today, these versions also experience far fewer difficulties – thus more reliability. Like every coach in our fleet, there is an extensive array of options we have installed on the coach (see the list below.) We are meticulous with our maintenance and cleaning of all of our coaches. We can virtually guarantee that there is not another T 945 Van Hool in the U.S. that is this highly optioned and this clean. We have all the documentation on all repairs since we owned this coach. All maintenance was handled either by our staff (ASE master certified techs), Cummins certified techs or the staff at ABC in Fairbault, Mn. Since we are based in Wisconsin, we have salt on our winter roads. All corrosion issues have been dealt with as they arise. The undercarriage has had the proper attention to deal with any corrosion issues as well as the body. I can assure you that we are a company of integrity. If you are searching for a cheap coach that has been poorly maintained, this is NOT the coach for you.
Exterior Improvements: Following are the improvements completed on the exterior of this coach.
- Alcoa Dura Bright Aluminum rims with Van Hool hub covers and lug nut covers
- Smart Tire system – tire monitoring system that monitors inflation AND temperature
- Headlights upgraded to LED lights
- Rear Light assemblies upgraded to LED fixtures and housed in stainless steel brackets
- Fuel tank caps and filler tube has been upgraded so a large nozzle from a truck stop fuel dispenser will fit in the filler tube but will NOT fall out
- Custom built trailer hitch (very heavy duty!)
Interior Improvements: Following are the improvements completed on the interior of this coach.
- Custom made sleeper berth (no one in the industry goes to greater lengths to build sleeper berths – visit our website for additional details))
- Driver seat replaced with late model Isringhausen seat with three-point belt
- Vanner power inverter (has battery charger option on the inverter)
- 110 Volt outlets
- Central Vacuum system
- Wi Fi
- REI headset controllers at every seat (five channel controllers that can source the audio of the DVD, satellite radio, AM-FM radio and two other sources)
- Individual mics for the driver, group leader and tour director
- Monitors upgraded to larger sizes: front monitor is 22” and rear monitors are 15”
- Auxiliary map lights for driver and tour director seats (mounted on flexible conduit for adjustment purposes)
- Full interior curtains for passengers (in lieu of window shades)
- ELD System (we have installed a Saucon ELD system to match the other coaches in our fleet. However, due to the model year this coach does not require an ELD system.) We will remove the ELD prior to the sale of this coach
As you can see by the pictures, the coach has been well maintained. The seat covers have been replaced. Every switch on the dash works correctly – notice the icons are all legible for each switch! Of course there is wear on this coach – that is to be expected with the mileage that it has accumulated. The coach is in service and continues to do charter and tour work.
Reason for Selling:
We have already purchased another Van Hool to replace this coach.
I ask that you contact me if you are serious. We have far too much time, effort and money invested in all of our coaches to sell them at low-ball discount prices.